Thursday, November 29, 2012

Return of the King: The Vlog

Patrick Fenton
Resident   ______
Well kids, if I may take about 17 minutes of your time before you sit down and watch The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey I thought it would be "fun" to sit down and watch Return Of The King, the third installment of Peter Jackson's epic franchise based on J.R.R. Tolkiens epic book.

I didn't get to cover everything I wanted to due to time constraints; that were tossed to the curb like a ______ from a _______ already. Of course when you've been awake for as long as I have the occasional word may slip out and seriously damage the human mind because that's what words can do apparently, contrary to everything children are (were?) taught. So if you like pen clicking and people too cool to take off their shades inside while mumbling incoherent thoughts into a webcam please enjoy this vlogamajig.

Note the pen is actually a grenade. If I stopped, I would have died.
Thanks a lot Q branch.

Spoilers!




Yes, that just happened.

P.S. I am ashamed to admit that I didn't mention the biggest disservice to the Frodo and Sam arc. Frodo would never have turned Sam away and if was ever insane enough to forget everything Gandalf had told him about Gollum and push Sam away, Sam would have cried for a bit and followed Frodo anyways. End of story.

P.P.S. Almost every scene not mentioned here was outstanding, from the book or no. Here's two great examples.

1 Pippin lighting of the beacons from Minis Tirith over the mountain range to the Golden Hall at Edoras with Aragon sitting there smoking his pipe.

2 Frodo and Sam getting caught up in the band of orcs and forced to march with them until they cause a rucus and amscray.

P.P.P.S. Please make use of the comment section to tell me never to get near anything that broadcasts a signal, and don't forget to join our Facebook group to send me threatening messages.



No comments:

Post a Comment